Help me with my papers, please!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello, friends! No updates in a while...classes, research projects, and interviewing for graduate schools has taken over my life. I'll be done with the last part after April 7th, though, so expect some more posts then!


As for now, I'm in the process of three research projects, all of which I could use some help on. If you have some cool blogs to check out, articles to read, or people to interview, let me know! Comments are cool, but so are emails/phone calls...just a plea to keep me in mind as you're doing your reading. My projects are below:

1.) An ethnography on South Asian American competitive performance teams at UIUC. Self-explanatory, but I could definitely use some supplemental reading if you have any recommendations :) I'm working with the Raas team, Fizaa, and Chai-Town, so if you know of any relevant articles about any of these performance styles, holler atcha girl.

2.) Media portrayal of "honor killings" in the United States and how they're racialized. I'm trying to find out about murder cases which have been labeled as "honor killings" by the media. Links to both news articles and academic sources would be greatly appreciated.

3.) Ways in which Bollywood films portrayed East Asian people/East Asia as an entity. Mostly I'm focusing on movies from the 50s-70s. 


Yup. That's my life right now. :)

Posted by Viraj at 7:59 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment